Crude Perlite is used in the manufacturing process of Phosphoric Acid as clarifying product by removing impurities to get a high quality product.
The impurities contributes to an undesired colour, to a cloudiness aspect and to an increase of corrosive effect of acid.
Crude Perlite provides to the process a high reactivity that inhibit the corrosion and increase the filterability.
With Crude Perlite you get:
- Less corrosive action of the phosphate rock during the production of WPA.
- Improve the filtering process increasing the growth of regular crystals of gypsum.
- To reduce the environmental pollution by Fluorides (SiF4) retention.
- To settle the slags of fluosilicates and fluoaluminates.
- Improve the quality of concentrated acid and derived fertilizers.
Advantages of use of Crude Perlite:
- Constant chemical composition and more suitable SiO2/Al2O3 (ratio molar 10/1).
- Most of silicate is amorphous that means higher reactivity index, above 90%.
- Faster chemical reaction versus other silica sources.
- Perlite do not contain heavy metals, toxics or hazardous.
- It is homogeneous and chemically clean.